What to expect on a Sunday morning
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website to see who we are.
Time: 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Children from the age of 4 and up are taught systematically from the Bible.
- We cover not just stories but applications that make for eternal difference. There is time for fun, songs and events. Many programs are arranged during the year for their continued development.
- Drop in with your children or call to learn further details.
Time: 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Our Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to remember Him and to proclaim his death through the symbols of the cup and bread. (Luke 22:19)
- We are to do this regularly until he comes (1 Cor 11:23-26).
- The early church did this at every official meeting of the church (Acts 2:42, 20:7; 1 Cor 11:17-34)
- Our focus during this time is our Lord Jesus Christ, His saving work on the cross, and its profound meaning in our lives.
- This is an opportunity to remember what God has already done and is doing in our lives. Partaking of the emblems does not produce Salvation or impart Sanctifying Grace.
- Communion begins with a brief introductory exhortation.
- This is an open time of spirit-led exhortations, prayer, Scripture reading and songs by brothers.
- This time ends with the administration of the bread and the cup.
- An offering will be taken as part of the communion. Visitors should not feel compelled to give. This is another opportunity for the NLBC community to worship by means of giving our material possessions to God’s work.
- The service is scheduled to end by 11:30 with closing remarks and prayer.
- We welcome all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ to partake of the bread and cup, symbols of the Lord’s death and of our oneness in the body of Christ (I Cor 11:27-28; 10:17).
- If you have not personally trusted Christ for your salvation, we ask that you do not participate. We invite you to ask the elders about the significance of a personal relationship with Christ before participating.
Time: 11:45 am - 12:35 pm
- To teach systematically from the Bible, which is God’s Word. (Acts 20:27)
- Those who wish to learn about Christianity, God and the Bible are welcome to attend the Sunday Morning Service.
- The service begins with praise and worship, followed by the sermon.
- The sermon will be followed by Q&A from the audience. The speaker will take questions related to the sermon.